Everything You Need to Know About Our New Breaking Into Chicago Tech Scholarship
By Emily Gregor
Fullstack Academy is passionate about improving communities and economies through education, which is why we’re kicking off 2020 with a brand-new scholarship for our Chicago campus.
- Breaking into Chicago tech
- Dig into scholarship details
- View a video example from Ben, the Chicago program director
- Make your submission
- Read the rules
Chicago on the rise
A 2018 KPMG poll of over 750 global tech industry leaders ranked Chicago as the third-most innovative tech hub in the US, with the startup scene growing over 270% in the past 10 years. “Chicago is a profitable city. Chicago is a city where we’re not just focused on scale and growth and fundraising—we’re focused on quality experiences for our employees [and] our customers,” Techstars Chicago managing director Neal Sáles-Griffin said at a recent Fullstack Chicago event. [Watch the full conversation with Neal.]
Chicago Tech Scholarship details
The details: We’re going to offer two full-tuition scholarships for students in our March 2020 cohort. Applicable to students in both the full- and part-time immersive programs, this scholarship will help remove barriers to entry and make tech more accessible for all.
To apply, create a 30-second to 2-minute video using one (or more) of the following prompts:
- Why do you love Chicago tech?
- Why do you want to learn how to code?
- How can you make an impact in the Chicago tech scene?
- Why are you passionate about tech?
- What would this experience mean to you?
Video example from Ben
If you're interested in seeing an example, check out this video by Fullstack’s Chicago Campus Director, Ben Neiswander.
Once the video is complete, fill out the submission form below and upload your video. If the file size is larger than 100mb, you can include a public link instead. From there, all that’s left to do is to fill out the application for the Chicago program of your choice and you’ll be all set.
Submit your scholarship video here
Complete Submission Requirements
- Create a video that’s 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length.
- Complete and submit your video by Sunday, January 19, 2020 (and make sure it's a public link).
- Fill out a complete application to the Fullstack Chicago program of your choice by Sunday, January 19, 2020.
- We will only consider ONE submission per applicant, so ensure that you only submit one video.
- You can submit your video at any point during the admissions process, but being awarded the scholarship is only contingent on acceptance into a Fullstack Academy program in Chicago.
- If you post your video to Twitter or Instagram, use the hashtag #ICodeChicago, so we can share it.
Our committee will select a winner at our Fullstack Git Together on Wednesday, January 22, at 5pm.
Disclaimer: I understand that by applying to the Breaking Into Chicago Tech Scholarship, I authorize Fullstack Academy to use my video submission in future marketing and social initiatives.